Saturday, May 30, 2009

first trip into Jakarta downtown to meet the OBU students

McD; Chilis, Burger King ...all there. Sorry about the sideways pic!
There is just life everywhere, from sophisticated to totally 1st world all living side-by-side! Traveling takes hours to go just a few miles.

Alongside the road and beside skyscrapers in the downtown area are homestead shops/stalls.


Besides motorcycles, pedestrians dash in and out of the traffic.



Motor bikes whiz in and out of the crazy, disorgaized traffic in Jakarta. You have to be willing to be risky and pushy to drive here! It's wild!!!




2 comments:

  1. I loved getting to see all these pictures! I am so proud that you are keeping up with your blog!! WE love looking at where you are and all the fun you guys are having! I see dad has gotten into the Indo. style with his fancy long silk shirt! :)

    Love you guys!
    Britt
    p.s. there are huge white spaces between pictures, maybe Dayle could help you figure it out why it is doing that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Britt, please ask Dayle to help edit this. I have had to send each picture in the last section one by one because I can't edit it. I dont know how to get sideways pictures up the right way and if I put them in wrong, i don't know how to take them out! aaaaaaaaaah!

    Glad youre enjoying them. Just keep scrolling and you will get them all, eventually!!

    Love you honey!

    ReplyDelete